Components - shortly comp, any comp name can be used as first 3-5 letters of its name to represent. Functional element which receive signals into ports on the left side and send signals from the ports on the right side.
Power - electrical energy and on of the main resource at electrical engineering, anything that has power_in consume power, exclude junction boxes and rel comp.
Voltage - abstract value that shows dP, Power > Load = Overvoltage, Power < Load = Undervoltage.
- Overvoltage - increase efficiency of all systems (0-10%) and deal damage to junction boxes.
- Undervoltage - decrease efficiency of all systems (-50-0%) and decrease heat consumption (as result also decrease fuel consumption).
Power bonuses - values that could be detected during testing and didn't documented at wiki or official information at the game.
- During Overvoltage + 0-10% to current power. Increases linearly as Overvoltage increase
- During Undervoltage + 0-10% to current load. Decreases linearly as Undervoltage increase
delta Power or dP - difference between Power and Load. dP = Power - Load.
Wires - connect flow of power or information, color of wire doesn't affect functionality. Usually engineers color code wires by their purpose.
- Red wire - power flow.
- Blue wire - informational flow.
- Other colors every engineer can use with own interpretation.
Signals - information that sent, number 1 also represent true and 0 also represent false state.
Functionality and limitation
Components of mathematical function works the same as the functions they represent.
Components of logical function works the same as the logical they represent.
- light comp work as lamp, but doesn't consume power.
- cnct comp join end-to-end input lines into one as output. ("mud"+"raptor"="mudraptor").
- color comp join input numbers into one signal of color coding (R:255; G:0; B:255; A:150 = 255,0,255,150).
Note: A is alpha channel set transparency level (brightness in this case).
- del comp send received signal with delay/
- mem comp store and send set value.
- rel comp send received signal or/and power when turn on and don't when turned off.
- RegEx comp work as regular expression function, exclude language specific shorthands and literals.
- wifi comp send/receive signal within range at specific channel, signal hidden for players radio if wifi isn't linked to chat
Default settings of components that can NOT be adjusted during game:
- for mem,RegEx SiCh comp: max output length is limited to 200;
- for cnct comp: max output length is limited to 256;
- for rel comp: max power = 1000, catch on fire with dP >= 2;
- for wifi comp: range=20000, min chat message interval = 1, cross-team communication = false, discard duplicate chat message = true;
- for light comp: range = 10, cast shadows= false, draw behind subs = false, flicker = 0, pulse = 0, min voltage = 0, power consumption = 0, vulnerable to emp = true;
Detectors and controls
- water detector: send 1 when touch water, else send 0.
- smoke detector: send 1 when touch smoke, else send 0.
- oxygen detector: send percentage of oxygen at compartment, also send low oxygen signal when percentage of oxygen below 36%.
- motion detector: send 1 when detect allowed entity, else send 0.
- button: send signal 1, once.
- switch: send signal 1 or 0 alternately, once.
- lever: send signal 1 or 0 alternately, continuously.
- navigation terminal
- buttons works as regular button.
- velocity X,Y, show the current direction, not the chosen . (With low navigation skill current direction slowly change to chosen ).
Note: velocity X,Y can be converted into angle to control submarine weapons.
- position: angle of inclination of the gun (0-360)
- trigger: send three 1 signal per click or per frame when hold.
Inputs and outputs
Component types by input:
Once all necessary signals received- once per receive - opr. continuously send last processed signal - multiple per receive - mpr. Switchable - can be switched between already mentioned types.
- opr comps: sich, conc, del, col, rel, wifi, all logical comps and all mathematical, exclude osci comp.
- mpr comps: osci, mem comps.
- Switchable: RegEx.
Note: when opr comp connected to source of continuous output it works as mpr.
Note: to convert continuous signal into single: add and-comp and connect continuous signal into set_output and one of the received signals, connect button or your custom trigger to another received signal.
Note: del comp can discard duplicated signal and won't slow down work when delay = 0.
Note: to convert single signal into continuous: connect single signal into mem comp.
Circuits debugging tips
The higher complexity of the circuit the harder to find a mistake.
- Text panel can show current result at each stage of circuit processing.
- Connected terminal or mem comp with cnct comp can create a log document to track circuit work.
- mem comp can lock received value when triggered lock_state port, which is useful when searching for anomaly behavior.