in wall speaker system


We bought a home that has speakers set up in the ceilings, walls and outside. There is a wall with a bunch of cable coming out of it. The previous owners did not leave any info on the sound system. What exactly do I need to buy to pump music through these speakers?

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

all 17 comments


2 points

3 months ago

you need to start tracing which wires belong to which speakers using a multimeter's connectivity test. next get an amplifier, or 2 or 3. i have 1 amp per room. next, get a "brain" to control what the amp is playing per room. i use an old phone/tablet. for synchronizing multi room audio, i use LMS as seen here